Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Recommendation: Retina Center Northwest

In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. 

I'm a one-eyed man today, but I'm not in the country of the blind. This morning I was the beneficiary of a highly technical procedure to peel deteriorating vitreous membrane from my right retina. 

The condition was caused by the natural shrinkage of the vitreous, a jelly that fills the eye between the lens and the retina. 

For nearly a year I've been trying to read through what appeared to be crinkled, dirty cellophane. After repeated consultation, James Lin, M.D. of the Pacific Eyecare Center (Silverdale in Kitsap County) referred me to Todd Schneiderman, M.D. of The Retina Center (also in Silverdale).  Dr. Schneiderman and his team (Jen, Bobbie, Brent, Claryce, and Audrey) performed the procedure quickly and efficiently. Good drugs, too! 

Though at the time I write this post I look like I have the upper right side of a WWI gas mask taped to my face, I'm in no pain and looking forward to being able to read again without annoyance. May we all perform our duties as efficiently as did the staff at Retina Center Northwest. Looking forward to seeing you again!

No comments: